Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travel With Friends - Not all Friends Scuba Dive


OK, I was surprised that not every friend of mine knew how to dive, or had any desire to learn to dive. I can't imagine why but they are my friends and so I ask no questions I still love them. I must say I get half way through each day and wonder what the hell I'm going to do the rest of the day, now that I am relaxing in some resort beach with no nitrogen in my system to gas off. Mostly I am saved by the beach waiter who comes by just in time with an offer of some liquid libation. I tell him to surprise me with coconut and he creates some icy sweet gem with just enough kick in the pants to make a long sunny nap on the bed on the beach ma perfect option. Now I understand how pwdd (People Who Don't Dive) manage their vacations. Sun, naps, alcohol, and food in constant rotation seem to be the order of the day. And at least I managed to get some water activity, though you can't dive in the hot tub. This was Holiday Lifestyle VIP at Hacienda in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We live like rock stars for a week. It was awesome and we are going back in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Jane...my name is Ana. Just stopping by. It's wonderful to hear your adventures. I'm proud of your accomplishments. I, myself have some interesting ones such as a drift dive in Palau - Blue Hole, Stingrays, and cave dives some in Rota Island. I'm from Guam and I could guess that I might have dove diving around the entire Island of Guam. I loved the night diving as well, catching lobsters inside caves for dinner. I now resides in the state of New Mexico hungry to get my gills wet again. Perhaps, someday you and I could have some fun together?

Ta - Ta

Ana